Dr. Maria R. Pico is board certified in dermatology and specializes in the care of patients of all ages with skin, hair and nail problems. She graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Biology from Texas A & M University. She then attended medical school at the University of Puerto Rico where she was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. She completed her Dermatology residency with the University of Puerto Rico in 1991.
Dr. Pico joined the practice in 1993. She has a husband, two daughters and a son. In her spare time, Dr. Pico enjoys gardening, hiking, taking care of her granddaughter and reluctantly going to car shows with her husband.
- University of Puerto Rico Medical School, 1983-1987
- Transitional Internship at San Juan City Hospital, 1987-1988
- Residency in Dermatology at the University of Puerto Rico, 1988-1991
- Diplomate of The American Board of Dermatology, Certified 1991, Re-certified 2001, 2009
- Diplomate of The National Board of Medical Examiners
- Fellow of The American Academy of Dermatology
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Georgia Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery
- 2014 Award given by Georgia Dermatology Physician Assistants for Supervising Physician